Phishing Name Server?

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at nic-naa.net
Tue Feb 15 17:12:08 UTC 2005

Howdy Paul,

rgid:id:domain
ENOM:048:SAFE-KEYNET.com
YESN:100:CITIFINANCUPDATE.com
YESN:100:WAMU4U.com
YESN:100:WAMUCORP

>From prior experience I don't see anything novel. Yup. Real domains, and
possibly real certs.

>From my last go around with Vint, <registrar_hat="on> if I were of a mind
to, I could sell bulk to even poor sniff-text buyers, cause I don't know
in advance they actually do smell poorly, and my RRA doesn't really make
that revenue enhancement a risk to my accreditation. No. I don't have a
mind to.</registrar_hat>

I wrote a longer piece on a related list recently, but I don't see much
in the way of effective recourse that isn't leased-host-in-cage-seizure
with the intangibles trivially rehosted.

Cheers,
Eric