Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Tue Feb 15 19:56:42 UTC 2005

And with the current state of affairs, unless the head end can
determine proper call centers across boundaries (can't), it probably
never will.

> For those of you unfamiliar with how E911 works, and specifically,
> PS/ALI, take a look at:
> http://www.xo.com/products/smallgrowing/voice/local/psali/
>
> Or... Simply google for "PS/ALI".

That's a TDM product.

http://www.e911institute.org/Roundtable%20and%20Tours/June%2024,%202004/VoIP
%20E911%20Issues.pdf

Page 9 offers a better description of the current E911 issues.
It's a software problem. All Vonage does is map your 911 call
at the PSAP to your local EMS.

This is a 6/24 doc. It's slightly outdated.

-M<