Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Tue Feb 15 19:40:53 UTC 2005

> Something else to consider.  We block TFTP at our border for security reasons
> and we've found that this prevents Vonage from working.  Would this mean that
> LEC's can't block TFTP?

Exactly my point. If my network management practises impact service my
customers use it is an issue between me and my customers. If I loose
customers over it, I'd better be prepared to deal with the fallout. I do
not think someone offering a service somewhere in the world has the right
to demand that I make this service available to my customers.

Adi