Verizon wins MCI

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Feb 15 04:56:37 UTC 2005

At 11:45 PM 2/14/2005, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
>uhm, thats the '70 billing departments' ... or so said the SEC's info
>about how many billing systems were 'integrated' during the
>bernie-dynastic-times.

I remember reading in IT Week or Infoweek or some other trade rag that they
had over 2400 software packages used for billing and provisioning and they
were going to reduce that down to 1500 within 10 years! We have never
gotten a correct bill from MCI - ever! In over 10 years of dealing with
them and their divisions - MFS, UU, WCom, etc. After C&W took over MCI's
network in the mid 90's, their billing department took a couple of months
to grasp the enormity of the problem. Once they did, they made changes and
the C&W bills were always right after that. :) That is an enormous project...

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin