The Cidr Report

Hank Nussbacher hank at mail.iucc.ac.il
Mon Feb 14 08:25:40 UTC 2005

At 10:27 AM 14-02-05 +1000, Philip Smith wrote:

Well said.  At NANOG you get the clueful people cuz they at least knew to
come.  That is a start.  But there are hundreds of ISPs out there who don't
have a clue.  RIPE realized this without having to do a membership poll and
rightly so, goes and does training where it is needed (and believe me - I
am their biggest critic and all-around pain in the ass when it comes to
their expenses as Leo and Rob can attest).

NANOG is not the place to do it.  ARIN, as part of their overhead should do
an east coast, west coast and Chicago area tutorial at least once a
year.  And guess what - most of the training material has already been
written by the other RIRs.

-Hank