The Cidr Report

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Sun Feb 13 04:51:25 UTC 2005

I split my Routing Analysis based on registry region so that the
constituents of each region know what is going on in their area.

As you know registries offer training if their membership ask for it.
APNIC and RIPE NCC membership seem to ask for training other than just
how to be an LIR.

But how to be an LIR doesn't cover every single ASN who is announcing
address space. For example, APNIC has an extensive region wide
programme, but there is still large deaggregation here in the AP region...

So I really don't see what RIR training has to do with this. It helps,
but it isn't the complete solution. If the industry is worried, the
industry has to do something about it.

philip