IRC Bot list (cross posting)

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Thu Feb 10 15:53:38 UTC 2005

On 10 Feb 2005, at 10:03, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:09:48 PST, "william(at)elan.net" said:
>
>>  2. After that the person should be able to register (entering full
>>     name and contact data and company he/she works) and can than get
>>     access to see entire list of ip addresses for particular company
>>     (and possibly even do more and mark ips that have been taken care
>> of).
>
> If you're listing IP's, it helps if you also attach a timestamp so
> those of us
> with large dialup and DHCP pools have a snowball's chance.  (Make note
> - a
> "taken care of" page *also* needs the timestamp so we can check the
> right one
> off).

And, for those who are not used to troubleshooting incidents with
people in distant timezones, specify the timezone somewhere (e.g. "all
dates/times are UTC", "all dates/times are UTC-8").

People should also remember that just because it's February 10 in my
timezone right now doesn't mean it's not February 11 elsewhere -- so,
dates need timezones too, even if no time is specified.

Joe