IRC Bot list (cross posting)

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Wed Feb 9 14:03:57 UTC 2005

[ snip ]

> Various persons put forth some amount of effort to,
> graciously, give other
> operators a heads up to the ongoing/potential abuse of their
> networks, and
> you're concerned about topical relevance? Why aren't you, in
> the least,
> THANKING them for their efforts? Maybe it's because these
> thousands of
> drones are being used to pump out spam across the internet,

This is old news, Bill. If anyone wants to sit around and pump
out botnet lists to NANOG, fine by me. I never said I can
stop them. I just said I didn't want them as a subscriber.

I understand that you don't know where these existing
lists are. Look hard. If you suddenly care about bots
enough in the last 24 hours to spend all night writing
a post about me, you should be able to expend the same
energy and find a botnet list to enjoy.

Gadi probably has already invited you to his list
in the last 8 hours. He's good like that.

>which may
> require (at some point) some form of domain registration at
> the end site
> pushing whatever product, which at later trickles into
> Verisign's coffers?

<scratches head>

Hmm. A conspiracy theory. What would Kramer do?

</scratches head>

Uh, plonk?

[ snip ]