[sorta offtopic] Cygwin.com / sources.redhat.com down or sorta unreachable?

Daniel Reed n at ml.org
Fri Feb 4 23:46:37 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-04T14:59-0800, Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com wrote:
) Is the network situation from May-2004 described here..
)
)   http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2004-May/009459.html
)
) ..possibly repeating itself?  I can traceroute to sources.redhat.com (aka
) sourceware.org aka cygwin.com) from VA via alter.net, but not from
) stanford.edu via ucaid.edu & ncren.net.
)
) anyone have any clues as to what's going on?

Date: Fri,  4 Feb 2005 05:06:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Outage of gcc.gnu.org / sourceware.org / sources.redhat.com

sourceware.org, also known as sources.redhat.com, also known as
gcc.gnu.org, also known as ecos.sourceware.org is down at the moment due to
a failed disk.

Unfortunately the failure caused significant filesystem corruption, even
though that shouldn't have happened. As a result, sourceware will be down
for some time longer. The sourceware overseers and Red Hat sysadmins are
working hard to bring it back up. The disk has been replaced and the
filesystems are about to be restored from backups, although we are still
trying to see if there's any way to recover the filesystem data.

We will send another notice when it comes back, so sit tight and watch this
space.

They have not yet sent another notice.

--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>	http://people.redhat.com/djr/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
"Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't