Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Thu Feb 3 15:21:37 UTC 2005

Hi!

>> If a pro cannot clean it out safely, then i cannot imagine our typical
>> homeuser would be able to... and with some luck he installs a firewall and
>> antivirus next time, after reinstalling his system for the 4th or 5th time.

> You may want to check out some AT (Anti-Trojan) software such as The Cleaner
> and BOclean.

You will never be sure you have picked up all, only the known ones. For a
compromised system, unless running tripwire or something, reinstall!

Its a nice start, but it also tell people i am safe, and they dont know
for sure. Seeing our abuse department getting tickets over and over about
the same customers its a fact that they just simple are not able to clean
it out easilly. Then its better to instert foot (CD) and start all over.

Bye,
Raymond