live chat with other nanog'ers

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Fri Dec 30 16:09:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Alexander Harrowell wrote:
> Cracking analogy, Valdis. I'll use that..now can we put this frankly
> soporific thread down like an unwanted kitten?

Presumably you mean "gently, to its sibs/parents"?

My experience with #nanog on Efnet has been that the channel is totally
off topic unless there's an incident going on, or an -interesting-
question is asked.

I'm a bit bemused by the expectation that #nanog should be all on topic,
all the time - it's an extension of the hallway track, which is certainly
not even close to all on topic at any time.

cheers!