live chat with other nanog'ers

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Dec 30 06:50:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:56:43 PST, "william(at)elan.net" said:
> No matter what the question was, how experienced they are or what
> you think they intended, I find such behavior as seen above to be
> inappropriate and something that shows true character of those on
> that channel.

I've said it before, but it apparently needs repeating:

You're talking about a group of people who are paid large sums of money for
their ability to communicate with inanimate objects made of melted sand. Ever
since the first shaman back in caveman days, this skill has been understood to
go hand-in-hand with weirdness and odd behavior ("Father, why does
talks-to-trees hop around humming to himself?" "Because he talks to trees...")

ObNANOG: talks-to-trees is still in the gene pool - his descendants include
talks-to-copper and talks-to-IOS.  Anybody who didn't just fall out of the
tree that talks-to-trees was having a chat with knows this can become an
operational issue....