live chat with other nanog'ers

Kyle Lutze kyle at randomvoids.com
Fri Dec 30 05:24:34 UTC 2005

Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>>well, unfortunately the only way to get the chan dropped and
>>added back
>>to us is by going through the steering committee and having
>>one of them
>>talk to rob levin, (lilo, levin at freenode.net).
>

> What does the steering committee have to do with #nanog? We
> can't even keep the mailing list on topic and you want to
> have #NANOG all gussied up? What is the purpose again? Oh,
> I'm sorry, you're on meds. In that case, we'll be sure to
> send a note into the SC and make sure they start asking
> skiddies to unlock IRC channels PRIORITY ONE.
>
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
>

> -M<

there are more than skiddies in that chan with more coming over from
efnet, and rob levin is the one that said the steering committee had to
contact him. Other people that keep joining the chan keep asking for it
to go through

The idea seems to have brought up a lot of negative feedback through
emails, sorry I brought it up. (and yes, I do know what AS is, I had
only momentarily forgotten the acronymn). I shall go back to passively
watching the list now.

have a good day
Kyle