live chat with other nanog'ers

eric eric-list-nanog at catastrophe.net
Fri Dec 30 03:15:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 19:04:42 -0800, Kyle Lutze proclaimed...

> whatever it would take to get some steering guys to register that chan
> and give some of us access so we can have good chats, without script
> kiddies coming in, I'm all for it

I'm part of another "og"ish type channel on freenode. One thing we found was
that having a normal, anyone can join, type of channel works well. But then
having other private, permission-only, channels, with vetting could be a
good idea too.

Perhaps that can apply here. It's a much small community, but the data is
prolly as sensitive as that which would be exchanged by nanog folks.