OT: explaining "all-while etc. clubs"

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Tue Dec 27 17:08:46 UTC 2005

I believe I owe some people here an explanation as this was not
understood by some.

In the anti virus industry, closed groups often of people who know each
other in person (snobs), and who trust no one outside their group, are
referred to as a metaphore to be like 50's clubs for all-white, all-rich
all Christian.. as an exaggeration.

I meant no offense to anyone, and if you don't know, I am from Israel
and was born a Jew.

I believe that although as much information as possible should be shared
with the outside world, closed and secure groups are a necessity in many
occasions.

Thanks and merry Christmas and sorry to those I offended,

	Gadi.