Bogon stupidity... warning... operational post.

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Dec 22 17:56:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Rodney Joffe wrote:

>> I'm aware of that and rerunning the generation program right now. There is
>> a new server being installed from yesterday to today as replacement
>> for old and after everything is done things will work much smoother
>> as the old server ran out of space and is causing problems.
>
> Wouldn't it then have been appropriate then to remove the service/data until
> it is fixed? Or am I missing something?

It was fixed - some of the data was being served was correct, some was not
depending on which ip address you had in dns cache. I've reloaded it all
manually right now, so should be correct and in sync everywhere available
to the public.

Basicly because of changes in servers, entire system of how data is
distributed from generation server to distribution servers and confirmation
of data from another server is screwed up and I'm working on all that today.
This is the first time I had to change master server ...

P.S. 204/8 was not the only problem, there were problems with 128/8 and
133/8 as well so my apologies to people who may have noticed problems
overnight.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks