Addressing versus Routing (Was: Deploying IPv6 in a datacenter)

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Thu Dec 22 17:09:26 UTC 2005

This is not solely a RIR decision, creating a geotopo address space would likely require the IETF to instruct the IANA to make this address space available to the registries.  Likely this would also require the IETF to publish an RFC that would state in general how the address space should be allocated.  Maybe in this new world of ICANN, the RIRs could create a global policy, through the NRO, that ICANN would ratify to instruct the IANA to make the address space available.  In any case, this is not an activity that only will require the work of the RIRs.

Andrew