Deploying IPv6 in a datacenter (Was: Awful quiet?)

Kevin Loch kloch at hotnic.net
Wed Dec 21 18:36:51 UTC 2005

Kevin Day wrote:

> We wouldn't have met the proposed 2005-1
> requirements for a /44 (we don't come close to 100,000 devices), and
> lose functionality if we're required to advertise it through a single
> aggregated address.

The high requirements of the "current" 2005-1 were so thoroughly
rejected at the last ARIN meeting that it will probably return
closer to the original 2005-1 at the next meeting.  Something like
"if you have an IPv4 assignment/allocation from ARIN you can
get an end site assignement".

There was also a suggestion to eliminate the "single aggregate
announcement" requirement from both end-site and ISP sections.

- Kevin