NAT Configuration for Dual WAN Router

Rossi, Jeremy jrossi at dbzco.com
Thu Dec 15 14:54:48 UTC 2005

DSL,
> which they've not totally maxed out.  So management's solution now is
> buy
> a second DSL line, but they won't let me buy a dual WAN router (in
case
> they
> add a 3rd DSL line).

Have you looked OpenBSD with pf?  You can create rules that map outbound
session to a different DSL router, interface, and/or gateway based on
any number of rules.  The man page pf.conf[1] and more precisely the
"ROUTING" and "POOL OPTIONS" section will allow you to create very
dynamic rules to define how to handle all outbound routing load sharing.
NATing also comes along for the ride.

A basic example is in their FAQ[2].

This type of setup is not the most common so a straight up HOWTO is most
likely not going to be found.  Sorry I am not able to give a more direct
and Linux based answer.

[1]: http://tinyurl.com/74yyx
[2]: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html

-Jeremy

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. D.B. Zwirn & Co., L.P. reserves the right to archive and monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.