Two Tiered Internet

Neil J. McRae neil at DOMINO.ORG
Wed Dec 14 10:57:29 UTC 2005

> This
> unobstructed network was pioneered by Sprint on it's zero-CIR
> frame relay network and they carried this forward into their
> IP network as well. Other companies have carried forward this
> architecture as well.

If I understand you correctly I highly doubt this is the case. If every
customer suddenly was to use the maximum link speed of their
access pipes I would be very surprised if all the traffic would be carried.

On the subject of tiered Internet you could argue that mobile/celluar
access to the Internet is another tier.

Regards,
Neil