SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Clueless anti-virus )

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sun Dec 11 02:08:37 UTC 2005

mary wrote:

> mta test anyone?

[snip Eicar signature]

You didn't attach it. If you had, I'm pretty sure Exim (running an ACL
plugged into ClamAV) would have caught it before it got to my Inbox. Clam
detects Eicar just fine. :>

What you did was include it inline in a text/plain MIME part in your
message, where it isn't likely that it could do any harm even if it *was* a
real virus.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/