SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Clueless anti-virus )

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Sat Dec 10 16:15:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Douglas Otis wrote:

> When there is some percentage of false-positive detection,

I'm *loving* your crack-induced comedy.  Troll it up, bay-bee!

Show me the false positive rate.  If you can prove any site with more than
0.00001% FP on malware detection with any off the shelf product, I'll give
you a magic cookie.

Abusing the rest of the world does *not* justify saving the single,
incredibly improbable, FP in comparison.  Abuse is abuse; it's not up to
millions of receiving hosts to put up with the abuse happily because of your
hallucinogenic "false positive".

Put down the crackpipe and walk away from the keyboard before you say
something else your employer will regret.  (These might be "your opinions",
but it's telling if a company continues to employ someone who doesn't
understand said company's market at all, in spite of any disclaimers.)