SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Clueless anti-virus )

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Fri Dec 9 22:54:26 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Micheal Patterson" <micheal at tsgincorporated.com>
To: "Douglas Otis" <dotis at mail-abuse.org>; "Todd Vierling" <tv at duh.org>
Cc: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol at JustThe.net>; "Geo." <geoincidents at nls.net>;
<nanog at merit.edu>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was
Re:Clueless anti-virus )

And before anyone points out that the mx for comcast would not see that
message, I know that on this particular host, they would not. I also realize
the the DSN would sit in my outbound queue until it was purged after 5 days
due to non-delivery. The point remains the same for this example as if it
were addresses from [email protected] or [email protected]. The originator
is forged and the DSN is unable to get to the originating sender.

Mike P.