Sober

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Dec 2 20:12:50 UTC 2005

--On December 2, 2005 2:02:15 PM -0600 Dennis Dayman <dennis at thenose.net>
wrote:

> Interested, but I see many Sober postings and outages on other lists and
> not here...has anyone been having issues? I know the ISP's are fighting
> the living out of the virus.

I've been seeing a few really large bursts into our mailserver.  Not sure
if it's a new variant or a reoccurrence of an old strain.  I put in a good
number of new port 25 inbound blocks for infected systems and attempted to
put up a few checks inside of our front end mail servers rather than in the
virus and spam filtering (which happens later for us, so for bad surges we
put a few custom rules up front early in postfix).

Isn't anything we can't handle at this point but it was pretty ugly for a
while there.