Katrina: directNIC Stays Online - Blog + Images

Peter abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 16:34:12 UTC 2005

Simon Waters <simonw at zynet.net> wrote:
[...]
> I guess there may be a need for some updates of DNS services due to
> the incident itself, or similar elsewhere, but in almost all cases
> this can be overridden further up the chain of DNS authority.

I live just a mile down the road from the ISP I work at.

Given the choice of sitting at home (no power, probably no roof), or
hiding in the NOC (warm, internal room with no windows, has a shower
and cooking facilities) and being *paid* for it, I'll "heroically" man
the ship (as opposed to cowardly hiding at work).

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key
/:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j