Trunks (etherchannels) between Foundry & Cisco 4506 (IOS Switch)????

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Wed Aug 31 13:01:39 UTC 2005

* greg at velcom.com (Gregory Edigarov) [Wed 31 Aug 2005, 11:40 CEST]:
>Please help me with this issue.
>Any success stories with config samples are welcome...

You're not terribly informative about what issue you have.  Do you
wonder if it will work?  What makes you think it won't work?

The easiest way is to configure a static trunk on the Foundry switch
(e.g. "trunk server ethe 1/1 to 1/2") and a static port-channel in the
Cisco switch ("set trunk on" for the affected ports for CatOS, I think,
or "channel-group 1 mode on" for IOS devices under the appropriate
interface, and configure an IP address on interface Port-channel1).

This question may be better asked on cisco-nsp and/or foundry-nsp at
puck.nether.net due to its highly operational character - much too
close to the metal for the average NANOG list subscriber, I'm afraid.

HTH,

	-- Niels.

--
"...in the course of any normal person's life, miracles happen
 at a rate of roughly one per month."