ISP's In Uproar Over Verizon-MCI Merger

Lewis Butler lbutler at covisp.net
Wed Aug 24 23:16:43 UTC 2005

On 23 Aug 2005, at 17:04 , Michael Painter wrote:
>>> US is trailing other industrial countries in broadband penetration
>> I'm not sure that's the case, AFAIK the US holds its own.
>
> Graph at the bottom of the article.
>
> http://www.mbc-thebridge.com/viewbridge.cfm?instance_id=304

And what does every country ahead of the US have in common?  Tiny
populations.

And waht does every country but one have in common?  Very small
area.  The US has states taht are larger than 10 of the 11 countries
ahed of use, COMBINED.

COuld it be better?  Yep, sure could.  But keep in mind the Cable/
Satellite penetration rate is only about 80%, and that's been around
30 years.

The other thing that is not on that chart is the SPEED of the
broadband.  On that score, South Korea has thoroughly kicked our
behinds.

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209