4-Byte AS Number soon to come?

Susan Hares skh at nexthop.com
Wed Aug 24 03:50:03 UTC 2005

This is the first of many steps.  And to be fair to the authors, the
process got held up due to the base draft being re-written.

So, the key discussion points are (as Yakov has indicated as well):
	a) Are there any technical problems with the specification
	b) Does the specification cause operational problems?
	c) General concerns about the design of the additions to BGP
		(scaling, etc).

Implementation reports give us the opinion of those who have already
implemented the protocol.  That's usually worth hearing about.

Sue