New N.Y. Law Targets Hidden Net LD Tolls

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sun Aug 21 20:30:12 UTC 2005

(hoping this is still somewhat ontopic, should be much more ontopic than my
last reply was)

Robert Bonomi wrote:

> Authoritative answer: "Maybe."

Usually.

> Depends on the locale, the state regulators, and the phone company.
>
> Frequently called "Lifeline" service, when marketed for the elderly,
> disabled, etc.

No, that's wrong. Lifeline service can be flat rate too, it's for people who
for whatever reason can't afford normal phone service (you must meet certain
income requirements).

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/