Semi-on-topic: Light that travels faster than the speed of light?

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Sun Aug 21 09:56:46 UTC 2005

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
>
> I doubt they are exceeding the speed of light.  Propogation delay inside
> fiber is about 2/3 the speed of light so perhaps they have succeeded to
> increase the speed to 3/4? :-)
>
> -Hank

I have seen experiments with antennas and Oscilloscopes, done by Hewlett and
Packard in the 1920s I believe. They have shown the left wing of a dipole
antenna knows things in advance that you do to the right wing. The little
spike they photographed on their scope did prove it. I have seen a repetition
of that experiment at Darmstadt University studying computerscience and
having lessons in electricity. I am a hamradio operator. Those guyes are
always curious. But sorry I did not comprehend what that experiment was all
about.

The experiment has shown that really the left wing of the dipole antenna
"knows things before you do them". But for you to see them you have to
get that information throug a coax cable. That information will reach you
the moment you do it. Here we go :)

On the other hand I have read again and again about those Lausanne people
sending information through tunnels at speeds faster than light and they
could proove it. Using normal fiber under normal environment conditions
gives things an interesting twist. Now everybody can touch it.

Regars,
Peter and Karin Dambier

--
Peter and Karin Dambier