New N.Y. Law Targets Hidden Net LD Tolls

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Fri Aug 19 18:48:19 UTC 2005

Thus spake "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb at cs.columbia.edu>
> In message <20050819163708.26103.qmail at xuxa.iecc.com>, John Levine writes:
>>Oh, you ignorant rednecks.*  Even my cell phone has 7D dialing
>
> Mine doesn't -- AT&T Wireless and Cingular GSM phones have 10D
> or 11D only, at least around here.

My T-Mobile GSM phone allows 10D, 11D, or E.164 anywhere in the US and
Canada, but I've noticed I can dial 7D in most places that have a single
area code.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov