Blocking certain terrorism/porn sites and DNS

Jonathan M. Slivko lists at slivko.org
Thu Aug 18 10:07:44 UTC 2005

> Yeps, a sys admin could do that. Sure. But we dont want others also to
> see that website. Is it possible by deleting that entery from the
> whois database is my question.

No - not without some high level intervention at the registry and seeing as
they are in the US under US law, it's not very likely to happen (freedom of
speech/press, etc.). You could also set the firewall policy company wide at
the network distribution point (where the Internet comes into the facility
from the outside). But, that's censorship which I don't support except in
rare cases.

-- Jonathan