Fixing .com DNS glue records - who to contact?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 21:19:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 14:10 -0700, Matthew Elvey wrote:
> A glue record for a .com domain (nextbus.com) is wrong, and I'm running
> into a brick wall trying to get it fixed.

The problem is that the A and PTR records for your domain servers don't
match up. See the "Mismatched glue" section of your dnsreport.

I've got the same issue with some domains hosted over at Register.com's
GPN (Global Partner Network) division.  GPN outsources DNS to eNom
(which is an excellent thing), but the default GPN DNS settings use
dnsXX.gpn.register.com which has a PTR to dns1.name-services.com.  I
*think* that this is OK per RFC, would really like to hear some expert
opinions on this however.

-Jim P.