Cisco crapaganda (Modified by Jason Chambers)

Jason Chambers jchambers at cenic.org
Sat Aug 13 11:17:03 UTC 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 05:53, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

>> Also, what about DoD Orange Book certification? Can this kind of
>> testing methodology be applied to routing systems as well, such as
>> IOS?
>
> I don't claim to fully understand Orange Book but it seems to
> me that one of the essences of Open Source is the process of
> certification.

<--snip-->

> To learn more about the Orange book, look here
> http://www.dynamoo.com/orange/

In relation to the Orange Book,

There is a evaluation program available, named TPEP, links are below.
Very interesting and intense.

Yes, routing systems \ IOS applies.  See 1.3 TPEP Process Overview at
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/process/procedures.html

I chatted briefly with a fed @ Defcon about this program, specifically
about work to make this achievement something [buzzword warning]
"Critical Infrastructure" and the well known software manufacturers
would look to engage in \ use.  Maybe by way of public forums such as
this is that accomplished.  In labels we trust.

http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/index.html
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/tpep.html
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/process/faq-sect6.html#Q8

-Jason