After Hours Install of OC3

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Aug 12 12:50:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Greenhagen, Robin wrote:

> Does anyone else require HICAP loop installs to be after hours?  What
> experiences have you had (good or bad) with getting the carriers to do
> their work during off-peak hours for a reasonable fee?

We've done off-hours turnups before, at my previous job with a
decent-sized ISP.  Some would come back with an off-hours turnup fee which
we would turn around beat up our sales rep for, and they would usually
reduce or waive it.  Most of the fees were pretty low, like $500 or so.
$5-$10k seems exorbitant for what amounts to a 'no shutdown', doing some
basic acceptance testing and maybe, at the edge of the envelope, turning
up a BGP session and testing that, too :-)

I'd suggest talking to your sales rep to see if the "Free Install" promo
extended to off-hours activations, or better yet, beat your sales rep up
and see what happens...

We did off-hours turnups for our customers if they requested it.

jms