Providers that support prepending to specific remote AS's?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Aug 12 00:06:09 UTC 2005

Hi all, I'd appreciate any on or offlist emails
with the names of larger providers that allow
you, through communities, to do prepending of
your AS path to selected remote AS's.  We use two
providers that allow this since we use the feature
but am wanting to dump one of our providers who
does not.

Basically we have a customer within AS X and us
and AS X both have transit through AS Y.  The link
between AS Y and AS X is seriously overloaded so our
customer is pretty much dead in the water since AS X
is a countrywide monopoly telco for the country in
question.  We've forced traffic to AS X to take
a different route in but since we can't path prepend
just to AS X through AS Y, we're stuck with the
only solution being disable the link to AS Y or
prepend to all of AS Y which we don't want to do.
AS Y doesn't feel the need to help since their view
is the customer of theirs has chosen to not upgrade
the oversubscribed link.

Thanks,

David