Real-time WHOIS for .COM

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu Aug 11 19:01:06 UTC 2005

* Rick Wesson:

> the issue is that VGRS does not even allow a registrar to find out this
> information real-time. Other registries publish this information in the
> whois and also make it available to registrars through EPP real-time.

It seems that one of the largest Verisign competitors plans to hide
the registrar information completely and permanently.  (They operate
according the thick registry model, if I got the terminology right, so
this is quite possible.)  If you don't like this move, speak up.

Unfortunately, only those who know which ccTLD I'm talking about have
a vote. 8-(

> the average length of a phishing e-mail spam last some 45 minues,

ITYM "median".  Average is definitely higher.