Way OT: RE: @Home's 119 domain names up for sale

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Thu Aug 11 18:43:49 UTC 2005

OK. Wasted was a poor choice of words, but even if the money does get back
to the people in some way, it is not doing so in a way that really
accomplishes something. Private companies do not invest in something that
will not have a return that benefits them. Political spending sometimes will
have no return other than political capital.

It's like buying candy. You can buya a ton of it, and either eat it or give
it away, but in the end it will be gone and very little will be accomplished
other than the kids who now love you for doing it.

So wasted was a bad term to use. How about used with little return if any.

- Brian J.