fcc ruling on dsl providers' access to infrastructure

Christopher Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Wed Aug 10 17:35:03 UTC 2005

One question: One article I read when the ruling was announced (can't
find it now, sorry) suggested that this only affected access to the
ILEC DSLAMs, not the ILEC local loops. If that's the case, then Covad
and company aren't totally out of business yet, as they can still
demand access to the copper plant. The question, then, is how quickly
the ILECs replace copper with fiber, which they have exclusive access
to per this ruling.

Is that a correct understanding?

-C