RFC for Mask/Gateway

Scott Altman staltman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:55:58 UTC 2005

Apologies upfront for my not being able to successfully google this on my own...

Is there an RFC or other standard that specifies that IPv4 connected
devices must support the concepts of Subnet Mask and Default Gateway?

I have a kludgy (<- technical term) vendor that has developed a custom
AP that only has an IP address.  Whilst cleaning up our network and
turning off proxy-arp, lo and behold, it isn't really all that
functional anymore.

Thanks in advance, replies off-list welcome.

- Scott