/8 end user assignment?

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Fri Aug 5 12:52:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Joe Abley wrote:

> > Creating a seperate instance or path though all that for IPv6 is probably
> > going to be hard if it is all setup for everything to go one way.
>
> I know people who have set up such things using reverse proxies (listen on v6
> for query, relay request to v4 server farm via existing load balancer).

The "standard" KAME v6 stack comes with a network interface for exactly this
purpose:  "faith".  It provides essentially an all-ports proxy from a v6 TCP
client to a v4 TCP server.

Its original stated purpose is to provide access to v4 for a v6-only local
net, but it can be trivially used on the other end to provide a v6 inbound
connection point for a local v4-only server.  Perhaps a "load balancer v6
wrapper"?