/8 end user assignment?

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Thu Aug 4 22:18:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:35:24PM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> > 2. We know cable companies, dsl providers and mobile companies can use
> > this many IPs, but they generally seem to make use of NAT and IPv6.
>
> So you ask folks to resort to hacks like NAT or force IPv6-only to their
> users when there is still a lack-of-content problem there? Can you show
> me your business plan draft for that? I'm curious. :-)

I meant to ask this at a nanog or this IETF... why don't some of the
larger content providers (google, msn, yahoo, to name 3 examples) put AAAA
records in for their maint content pieces? why don't they get v6
connectivity from their providers (that offer such services) ? There are
starting to be more and more folks with v6 connectivity... it'd be
interesting as a way to drive usage on v6, eh?

> BTW, Softbank got 2400:2000::/20.

holy freeholy! good thing v6 space is 'infinite' eh? :)

-Chris