/8 end user assignment?

Roy Badami roy at gnomon.org.uk
Thu Aug 4 20:01:00 UTC 2005

    Joe> Are things different in the RIPE region?

Not in this part of the RIPE region (the UK).

Dynamically assigned publicly routable IPv4 addresses are the norm for
residential broadband services, though some providers offer static
addressing as an option, I think a couple of low end services use NAT,
and one small provider (that I'm aware of) offers IPv6.

GPRS is invariably NATed IPv4 here, I think.  As long as you're paying
by the byte, it's not clear that you'd want a publicly routable
address.

     -roy