"Cisco gate" and "Meet the Fed" at Defcon....

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Aug 1 10:08:41 UTC 2005

At 11:47 AM +0200 2005-08-01, Fred Baker wrote:

>  We very much try to work with people that are willing to work with us.
>  We aren't very impressed by people that expose the industry to danger.

	Here's the fundamental problem.  You guys say that you're willing
to work with people.  But on the other hand, this weakness has been
known for many months, and in fact was supposedly fixed back in
April.  Michael's paper at Black Hat was known in advance by you and
ISS, for months.

	Yet, at the very last possible moment, you guys go all "scorched
earth" on him, leaving him no honorable option but to go ahead and do
the presentation anyway and suffer the professional consequences that
you have caused him.

	That shows how very hypocritical you are, and just how badly
you're willing to screw anyone who has tried to work with you, and
has successfully done so for years.  It's going to be a very long
time before you are capable of repairing your reputation in this
industry.

	Maybe you need a few hacking attempts that are successful in
cracking into virtually every router on the planet, before you will
recognize the folly in your action.

	IMO, John Chambers (CEO), Larry Carter (Sr. VP), Dennis Powell
(CFO), Randy Pond (Sr. VP), and everyone else working for them that
have been involved in this process, have been in direct violation of
their fiduciary responsibilities to the shareholders and to the
industry as a whole, and you should all be summarily fired.

	You guys seriously need an SEC investigation into this matter.
And a hundred billion or so knocked off your market cap.  Maybe once
all your options are permanently under water you'll get a grasp of
the severity of the situation.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755