FCC To Require 911 for VoIP

Peter & Karin Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Fri Apr 29 10:00:15 UTC 2005

> On 29-apr-2005, at 3:12, Owen DeLong wrote:
>
> >> Maybe a satellite network that continuously transmit  location
> >> beacon information which can be used to triangulate one's
> >> location would
> >> do the trick?

Skype and public domain telefones dont know about location,
nor will they ever learn.

The only place where somebody could catch a 911 call is at
a sip server.

The sip server does not know about the INAIC in Newyork
connecting me via tunnel from Germany. If they traced me
they would find my IPv6 tunnel endpoint in Japan.

Where to connect me?
The Newyork police probably does not speak German.
In Germany emergency calls are 110 not 911.
If they connected me to Tokio police, they dont
speak german either.

The only way out for me to immagine is:

A big wooden plate with big letters and with letters for
blind people to touch, telling everybody how to dial
emergency - or open the window and shout for help.
That might be faster.

Regards,
Peter Dambier

--