PAIX Outages

Majdi S. Abbas msa at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com
Thu Apr 28 19:13:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 01:51:54PM -0400, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> Personally I tend to suspect the general lack of uproar is a rather
> unfortunate (for them) sign that PAIX is no longer relevant when it comes
> to critical backbone infrastructures.

	I'm not so sure you can draw that conclusion.  At this point,
everyone's high traffic peers are private interconnects anyway.  The
site is likely more important to them than the public fabric within
the site.

	A facility power outage would probably be a lot more painful than
some public fabric issues.  Any traffic that works its way down to a
public fabric probably has other public fabrics to go to as well.

	--msa