Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Apr 28 14:21:59 UTC 2005

> And what about garbage pouring out of RJ-11 sockets?

Hmmm... so because we have garbage coming out of the RJ-11 we might as
well have garbage coming out of the RJ-45, too? 4 wires vs. 8 wires,
twices the garabe out of the RJ-45.

> So I do I obtain your permission to send you a packet?

By replying to my request.

> And where in the packet does it show that the packet comes from
> someone who has said permission?

The packet only exists if it is in response to my request. Keep in mind
that I am talking about enduser PC here.

Adi