Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Wed Apr 27 20:20:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Owen DeLong wrote:
> From that perspective, in my experience, things are better today than they
> ever have been.

The only thing I've seen in the past 20 years which has made any positive
impact on overall internet reliability is BGP dampening. In all other
cases its gotten worse as networks are ground to dust by daily DDOS
attacks. You can read daily about sites xyz or networks xyz being
unreachable for hours/days/weeks/months due to DDOS attacks. Compared to
20 years ago I would have to say overall things are worse not better.

-Dan