Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 27 19:47:51 UTC 2005

I have no problem with disconnecting known abusers.  However, there's
lots of other actions implied in the "ISP responsibility" described
that are things like filtering port 25, blocking NetBIOS, etc.
Some ISPs do this.

I'm all for having an AUP and/or TOS that allows you to disconnect
abusers.  When I was working for various ISPs, I personally disconnected
a number of such abusers.

However, IMHO, disconnecting abusers is a far cry from "Providing a
clean internet".

Owen

--On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:26 PM +0000 "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)"