Port 25 - Blacklash

Adam Jacob Muller adam at gotlinux.us
Tue Apr 26 18:17:55 UTC 2005

The fact that most people did not complain is not likely due to the
fact that they were not annoyed by the change, but rather it's easier
to simply get around it than it is to bother complaining to network
admins.

For example, about 2 months ago, comcast decided to block outgoing
port 25 from my entire neighborhood. I called comcast, and while
sitting on hold I had the idea to setup a ssh tunnel to a machine at
work and viola problem solved before anyone from comcast even
answered the phone.

Adam